czwartek, 3 maja 2018

Simon and the mystery of coming out


As promised, some reviews will be written in English as well, cos some of my non Polish speaking friends might be interested in them ;)
 
Lately, cos I had some days off, I took part in the book marathon organized by sarcastic_books, and I read two books. One of them was “Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda (wish it was in English, but nah, universe was against me and I couldn’t wait longer ;)) so I decided to dedicate this post to this book.

 Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda is the story about 16 y/o Simon, who is not ready for his coming out.  The only person who knows the truth is Blue, a guy with whom Simon shares emails. Even though they are in the same school they do not know they real names. One day, Simon forgets to log out of the school mail box and his private emails with Blue are found by his classmate Martin. Since then Simon’s life changes completely. To keep his secret safe, and not to ruin his developing friendship with Blue, Simon has to arrange a date between Martin and his friend Abby. Unfortunately, life is not fair, so no matter how hard Simon tries, he cannot fight with misunderstanding and hormones of the young age generation.   


I could write the whole book about how I liked this book. The style is so nice, reader friendly and humorous. This book is recommended to everyone, especially to those who are looking for something “light” after reading something “hard”. I’m not sure if I can find any minuses so I’ll start with pluses. Huge congrats to the author for misleading me three times! If anyone finds out who Blue is before the author gives you the answer I owe you a beer or juice ;) Speaking of Blue, I truly love his relationship with Simon, the way they talk to each other, the way they support each other, how much they understand each other… I mean, it’s just amazing. I wish I could wake up with amnesia and be able to write this story again not knowing the ending. The story might not be special, cos many young people suffer from coming out problems and I can agree a bit with Simon, that it would be nice if straight people would coming out as well ;) Anyway, the whole effort Simon put to keep his secret safe, how hard he tried to help Martin is amazing. Martin is not the typical black character, he isn’t somehow “crypto gay “ or homophobe, but his character is somebody who you cannot fully say whether you like him or not. Okay, I found one minus, the book ended too fast ;)


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Po prostu Kościuch